[pjsip] Segfault when calling play_cb

Christian Beer chbeer at web.de
Tue Nov 6 20:18:42 EST 2007

Hi List,

thanks a lot for the advices you gave regarding the pa_mac_core_old.
But I left that one and am now trying to use AudioQueue which is new
on Leopard. That one seems to be a very nice API.

Now I sadly have got an error as play_cb gets called when trying to
get playsine running with my new "device driver" für AudioQueue. I am
sure it is when calling play_cb but I don't have any debugger or
something.

So my question (as quite a newbie to C) is: What could that be? I
checked all parameters and all should be right (such as buffer size,
channel-count, etc.)

I got this code in the callback for the AudioQueue:

stream->timestamp += stream->frameCount;

        /* Get frame from application. */
        printf("size:%d\n", size);
	    status = (*stream->play_cb)(stream->user_data,
                                    stream->timestamp,
                                    coreAudioBuffer,
                                    size);
        printf("OK\n");
	    if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) {
            return;
        }

and this output:

pjmedia_snd_stream_start(stream)
START ------>
start thread...
** RUN LOOP **
AFTER RUN LOOP!!
-- a
-- a
 02:08:37.050      aqsound.c Recorder thread started
-- fc:882
-- b
size:1764
Playing sine wave..

Press <ENTER> to stop playing and quit
zsh: segmentation fault  ./playsine-arm-apple-darwin

As you can see the printf("size... is the last output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Christian