[pjsip] Turning off assert() ?

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Tue Nov 20 21:54:55 EST 2007

Norman Franke wrote:
> I need to turn off assert in my production code since there are
> several instance of it falsely being triggered when using the
> conference bridge.
>
> Setting -NDEBUG apparently no longer works with the latest from
> subversion.
>
> The README.txt also gives a number of configure examples, some of
> which fail, e.g.:
>
> ./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -DNDEBUG"

It seems that ./configure does not accept specifying flags, but
./aconfigure does. So until ./configure is fixed (I'm not sure how,
currently it just calls "./aconfigure $*", which apparently doesn't
work), you can do this instead:

   ./aconfigure CFLAGS="-O2 -DNDEBUG"

Alternatively, since we're just appending flags (rather than
modifying or removing them), you can create user.mak file in your
root PJ directory, containing this:

   # user.mak file:
   export CFLAGS += -DNDEBUG

cheers,