[pjsip] New features: audio latency, NAT, PRACK/UPDATE, AKA, etc.

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Fri Nov 23 09:59:03 EST 2007

Madhuri Patwardhan wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> My patch sends 3 end of event packets for each dtmf digit irrespective of the next digit in the queue. Perhaps, I am missing something but thats what I see sjphone and other voip clients doing. 3 end of event packets are sent irrespective of the next dtmf digit in the queue. The remote end client to which we are connecting using pjsip recommends using 3 end of event packets.

I think you're right. Although the text in RFC 2833 somehow implies
that retransmissions should only be done when there's no new event
in the queue, I found the clarification in RFC 4733, which obsoletes
RFC 2833:

   2.5.1.4.  Retransmission of Final Packet

      The final packet for each event and for each segment SHOULD be
      sent a total of three times at the interval used by the source
      for updates.

Could you send me the diff again?

cheers,
  -benny