[pjsip] Assertion failure in today's SVN 20080407

Michael CHRISTOPHER pjsip at encambio.com
Mon Apr 7 06:28:41 EDT 2008

Hello list,

Here's another assertion failure that I found when running pjsua
with PJ_CONFIG_MINIMAL_SIZE either set or not. In the source file
pjlib/src/pj/ioqueue_common_abs.c:1200:

  PJ_ASSERT_RETURN(allow || PJ_IOQUEUE_HAS_SAFE_UNREG, PJ_EINVAL);

...prints 'pj_ioqueue_set_concurrency: Assertion `allow || 0' failed'
on the Maemo platform (Linux/ARM). It's clear that the function
'pj_ioqueue_set_concurrency' which includes the above assertion is
called with the parameter 'allow' set to 0, but the rest of this
logic is unclear to me. Is 'allow' a mutex for a threaded worker
function or something like that? Unfortunately I have no solution
to suggest. Maybe someone who understands this better can do so?

Regards,
Michael