[pjsip] asterisk support any kind of codec and can translate it freely

hlzhangxt hlzhangxt at 163.com
Mon Apr 7 23:02:05 EDT 2008

 Asterisk can support any kind of codec and translate them in asterisk server.

And I test with eyebeam, it works fine, and eyebeam always show the codec used is g729, no changing.

In  then function play_cb there is  comments:

  /* We're risking accessing the port without holding any mutex.
     * It's possible that port is disconnected then destroyed while
     * we're trying to access it.
     * But in the name of performance, we'll try this approach until
     * someone complains when it crashes.
     */

So i think if you add some mutex, maybe it will work.