[pjsip] VAD matter

Nanang Izzuddin nanang at pjsip.org
Tue Apr 8 06:38:38 EDT 2008

Hi Markus,

Assuming you are talking about microphone silence detection,
currently there is no callback/trigger mechanism for silence detection.

However, you have some alternatives to do this:
1. Monitor the rx_level of sound port (normally slot 0) in the
conference periodically.
See pjmedia_conf_get_signal_level() API.
2. Implement a pjmedia port that utilize existing silence detector to
do callback when such conditions are reached (e.g: start silence,
start talking).
Then, this port can be stacked to any port you would like to monitor
(in this case, sound port). The port connection will be about:
conference bridge <--> silencedet port <--> sound port.

We will be glad if somebody would implement the second alternative and
share the implementation to us.

Regards,
Nanang