[pjsip] PJSIP on Symbian, any pointers for tackling the audio optimization challenge?

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Mon Apr 21 06:37:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Alex T. W. LEUNG <alexleung at astri.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I also experienced the below "audio latency" issue. Any speculations on the
> possible root cause(s) of this?

Frankly I've little idea on this, but Yohannes (on this list) had
suggested to me that it may be due to the audio backend that we use
(the Audio Streaming API) and we may be able to get better latency
with using Audio Proxy Server API instead. Unfortunately we haven't
had time or resource to experiment with this so this has to wait until
we're done with version 1.0.

But it may help if you use the latest version of PJSIP from the SVN
trunk, since we've done a bit of optimization in the jitter buffer to
reduce the latency.

> Anyway, I would like to express my gratitude for the progress pjsip has made
> so far on the symbian platform. It certainly makes my N82 phone more
> interesting and useful.

Great that you find it useful!