[pjsip] PJSIP on Symbian, any pointers for tackling the audio optimization challenge?

atik atik.khan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:27:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Perry Ismangil <perry at pjsip.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:10 PM, atik <atik.khan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - However VAS will not be available on plain 3rd edition devices, only
>  APS will be available.
>  - Therefore by using APS it can run on plain, FP1, and FP2.
>
>  So in terms of portability APS is better. Of course it is best if it
>  can use VAS on FP1 and higher devices as well!

maybe APS is portable but it requires to distribute APS dynamic
library as well with executable SIS file, and i am not sure If VAS
will be only API wrapper of Direct Sound device or will use same
method as Audio Proxy Server ( hope not, if proxy server crash client
will not get any audio feed from the sound device and APS crash always
:) ). anyway, we will know once VAS release, its on beta test now, not
yet release on public.

atik