[pjsip] Socket issue with Symbian build?

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Mon Apr 28 10:43:04 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:03 AM, S Coleman <scoleman2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get siprtp.c running under symbian and having a problem with
> the local address
> In the init code there is:
>     hostname = pj_gethostname();
>     pj_sockaddr_in_init(&tmp_addr, hostname, 0);
>
> hostname comes back as localhost (which is correct?)
> But pj_sockaddr_in_init initializes tmp_addr to 255.255.255.255 which causes
> failure later.
>
> Any ideas?

First of all, there's a bit of modifications that are needed to make a
plain console application runs on Symbian, I'm not sure if you've done
this for siprtp. The most important thing is to have an Active
Scheduler running so that things can run. Then an access point needs
to be activated to get the networking up.