[pjsip] SIP interoprability

Philippe philippe.leuba at eyepmedia.com
Mon Feb 4 11:14:06 EST 2008

Hi Benny,

We discovered some SIP servers that return the contact header modified in
the REGISTER response, some replaces the softphone local address with the
public one (SER), some with the server address.

This results in pj with an error reported in the reg_c callback.

I agree that this behavior is not RFC 3261 compliant.

But in order to interoperate with a larger set of SIP equipments, I propose
to modify the implementation the following way: always accept a 200/OK
register response even if we do not find our contact. If you agree, I can
send you the code changes to apply.

The SIP norm says that we need to be strict with what we are sending and
tolerant with what we receive.

Philippe Leuba