[pjsip] specify transport in and when making calls

Mon Feb 11 08:46:56 EST 2008

Hi!

1. question:

I wonder if it is possible (using pjsua API) to use TLS as transport,
but have the following REGISTER request:

REGISTER sip:domain SIP/2.0

That is:
- registrar URI without port 5061 and without transport parameter
- no Route header

2. question
application registered 2 transports: UDP and TLS

application registers account1: reg-URL=sip:domain1;transport=tls
  --> TLS transport will be used
application registers account2: reg-URL=sip:domain2;transport=udp
  --> UDP transport will be used

Now, if the application makes an outgoing call to sip:user at domain using
account 1 - which transport will be used? TLS (as registration was done
via TLS) or UDP (as there is no transport=TLS parameter)?

3. question:
I used pjsua application and registered via TLS. In outgoing calls to a
SIP URI, the Contact URI is now a SIPS URI - why? I think just because
the first hop is secured this does not mean that all hops will be
secure. I think the Contact should be a SIPS URI only if the called URI
is also a SIPS URI.

thanks
klaus