[pjsip] Using pjsua to create a mp3 stream

jvdsandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:10:06 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to make the conversation of a conference call accessible as a Mp3
stream, similar to an Internet radio station.

For this I tried to use pjsua with the options "--null-audio --rec-file=
out.wav --auto-rec" and define out.wav as a named pipe. I can than use
another program to convert the output to mp3 and make it available as a
stream. Unfortunately pjsua doesn't work when out.wav is a named pipe
instead of a normal file.

Is there another way I can achieve the same result? Or do I need the help of
a C programmer to create this customazation on top the pjsip libraries?

Cheers,
Jan.