[pjsip] Application crash on Windows Mobile 5.0

Samer Faour smf18 at aub.edu.lb
Tue Feb 19 14:24:40 EST 2008

OK so I tried running the application with each of the available
codecs in turn (by setting priority 0 for the others), and it seems
that GSM is the only codec that is working with the PDAs.

I've added the following line to improve sound quality to config_site.h:
#define PJMEDIA_SOUND_BUFFER_COUNT  16

The sound quality is not very good and I want to try to improve it
further. There is a delay of 1 or 2 seconds at times and audio
dropouts as well. The CPU Utilization is low so that's not an issue. I
did not find any audio underflows/overflows either. What else can I do?

And anyway, how can I make the other codecs work? The current behavior
is either crash of application (on pcma and pcmu) or a weird humm
[very bad understandable voice] (for
speex/8000,speex/16000,speex/32000, and ilbc). The clock rate is the
default of 8000 Hz.
Samer M. Faour
Computer and Communications Engineering
American University of Beirut