[pjsip] PJSIP on Symbian phone works!
bennylp at pjsip.org
Mon Jan 14 04:02:47 EST 2008
This announcement is a bit late than planned (I promised to finish the
Symbian port before Jan 2008), but we thought we'd give this a more thorough
testing before announcing it, hence the delay.
In summary, PJSIP works and tested on Symbian S60 3rd Ed phone. Everything
should work, including sound, STUN, and ICE. And we've made a tutorial on
how to build and debug PJSIP on target device here:
There have been some major changes along the way:
- Carbide is now the preferred IDE rather than CodeWarrior. This is because
CW has been deprecated by Nokia anyway.
- Support for DSO is no longer enabled by default. It's still supported,
but you'd have to edit the MMP files slightly to build DSO outputs.
There are still some issues with the port:
- audio latency is still pretty high (about 500 msec end to end)
- STUN resolution sometimes times out
These issues will need some resolving of course, but the important thing is
that the port is now working. So what's left to be done is for someone to
create a nice open source Symbian softphone GUI on top of it. ;-)
For more info:
- Tutorial on building/developing/debugging PJSIP on Nokia phone:
- The PJSIP on Symbian page also has been updated:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pjsip