[pjsip] Custom INVITE sessions (for file transfer for example)

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Thu May 1 04:43:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Ivan Genov <ivangg_q at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi PJSIP developers,
>
> Is there a way to create a custom INVITE session for the purpose of having a
> custom media channel? One noteable example is with file transfer - I would
> like to create a custom session to negotiate MSRP or any other kind of file
> transfer channel.
>
> Any input on custom INVITE sessions or specifically on the file transfer
> topic would be appreciated.

I think it should be possible with using PJSIP API (not PJSUA-LIB
API), although I haven't tried this myself. You need to manually
construct an SDP containing the file transfer descriptor, create
invite session and give the SDP to it. Once SDP is negotiated
on_media_update() will be called and you can retrieve the negotiated
SDP's from both local and remote party and do the file transfer.