[pjsip] directsound voice is too bad,why?

Nanang Izzuddin nanang at pjsip.org
Thu May 8 06:43:32 EDT 2008

Hi Tanger,

Sorry, not sure which implementation you have tried, here are possible
configurations of sound device API implementation for Windows:

#define PJMEDIA_SOUND_IMPLEMENTATION	    PJMEDIA_SOUND_PORTAUDIO_SOUND
#define PJMEDIA_PREFER_DIRECT_SOUND        1
will make use PA with dsound implementation

#define PJMEDIA_SOUND_IMPLEMENTATION	    PJMEDIA_SOUND_PORTAUDIO_SOUND
#define PJMEDIA_PREFER_DIRECT_SOUND        0
will make use PA with WMME implementation

#define PJMEDIA_SOUND_IMPLEMENTATION   PJMEDIA_SOUND_WIN32_DIRECT_SOUND
will make use dsound.c (pjmedia implementation of dsound)

In case you haven't seen this thread, it seems related to your problem:
http://lists.pjsip.org/pipermail/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org/2008-March/002156.html

Regards,
nanang