[pjsip] [SIPRTP] lot of percent loss for TX results

Benny Prijono bennylp at pjsip.org
Fri May 16 12:21:11 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:12 PM, antoine duclaud
<antoine.duclaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I use siprtp for test a liaison between two sites, and I have see that for
> the TX results, I have a lot of percent loss, 99% at the beginning of the
> test...

Okay.

> But the results of RTT and Jitter are high too. How the results of RTT and
> jitter can be calculated if there are all packet losts?

Jitter is only calculated when the sequence numbers of the subsequent
RTP packets are adjacent, so packet lost should not affect the
calculation. And RTT shouldn't get affected by packet lost either, as
all the information is conceived in one RTCP RR packet.

How high is high? (what's the value reported by siprtp?)