[pjsip] crash with stereo option

Samuel Vinson samuelv at laposte.net
Wed May 21 18:49:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

I made several test with pjsua (on iphone) and clock-rate, stereo options.

PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_NONE
PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBRESAMPLE
--stereo     |   def  | undef
--clock-rate |
     8000     | ko (2) | ok (1)
     16000    | ok (1) | ok (1)
     22050    | ok (1) | ok (1)
     44100    | ok (1) | ok (1)

(1) but mediaserverd uses cpu at 80-95%
(2) there are no sound that comes micro, mediaserverd uses cpu at 10%,
but crash/reboot when you quit pjsua (start, quit => crash)

PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_SPEEX
impossible to compile because resample_speex.c is never include in Makefile

PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBSAMPLERATE
impossible to compile because libresamplerate doesn't exist in third
party directory.

Why do you keep PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_SPEEX and PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBSAMPLERATE ?

I'd like to use clock-rate=8000 and stereo, which test I can do to
understand why there is no sound and there is crash ?

I use the last svn version.

Samuel