[pjsip] crash with stereo option

Nanang Izzuddin nanang at pjsip.org
Fri May 23 20:30:58 EDT 2008

Hi Samuel

2008/5/24 Samuel Vinson <samuelv at laposte.net>:
> Could you explain me, how pjsip works when stereo is active or not ?
> I thought the media part is the same, and stereo option duplicates after
>  acquiring step.

I think so, the media part is the same. Before there is any port
connected to sound device/master port in the conference bridge, as you
said "start, quit => crash", mono or N-channels is, CMIIW, a matter of
opening the sound device and conference settings (which may affect
size of memory allocation), no resampling or stereo specific
processing done. Moreover, since in the higher clock rates the
crash/reboot problem didn't occurred (I couldn't recall any special
treatment for 8000Hz), this strange problem may be around sound device
things.

Regards,
nanang