[pjsip] configure can't see alsa headers

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:29:53 EDT 2009

I'm having this weird problem where when I try and cross compile, the
configure script refuses to see the alsa header files in
/usr/include/alsa.  When I do a native ./configure it does see it.
What could be happening here?

 This is in my environment when cross-compiling:

export BUILD_GCC=gcc
export CC='/opt/codesourcery/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc '
export CXX='/opt/codesourcery/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ '
export AR=/opt/codesourcery/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ar
export RANLIB=/opt/codesourcery/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ranlib

and I configure with this:

./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --disable-oss

Just realized that It seems only to happen when using
--host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi.  And btw I've cross compiled alsa-lib.
Other flags like --host=arm-elf-linux crap put in expected ways (since
i'm not set up for that) but do detect the alsa stuff.

Thanks!

Peter