[pjsip] Infinite loop in jbuf causing deadlock

Michael Broughton Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca
Thu Mar 19 17:53:41 EDT 2009

Hello,

Looks like our new sip provider may have uncovered another issue. Using
our other sip provider does not seem to cause the same issues, even with
much higher calling volume. I am running the latest version of pjsip.

The problem is in pjmedia_jbuf_put_frame2. It is getting stuck in the
while loop. I'm not sure how useful this will be but I am going to
attach a few of the details from gdb.

I can see why it is looping, but it is not clear to me how it got into
this state. The one thing that jumps out at me is the jb_frame_ptime =
10. I am using a ptime of 20, and the new sip provider does as well. Is
this unusual?

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Broughton, Advanis

Unintended Recipient & Unauthorized Use of E-Mail:
This message and attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information that is intended only for the named recipient of this
e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution is not permitted. If you
have received this e-mail in error, deleting the e-mail and notifying
the sender would be appreciated. Thank you.