[pjsip] How to Know Offline Call

Joegen E. Baclor joegen.baclor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:23:58 CST 2010

If the server supports configurable redirects when a user is off-line,
then you may register with the server as the redirect recipient.  This
way, you will get a handle on the calls that are coming in for a
particular off-line ua.  You can simply either reject the call with a
4xx or play media acting as an announcement server.  Your next
requirement would be to check whether the server supports reg-event
package (RFC 3680).  If it does, then you can simply send a subscribe to
the registration event of a particular ua to get notified when the ua
goes back on-line.  The rest may be accomplished via proprietary MESSAGE
or unsolicited NOTIFY exchange to notify the user of the missed calls
while it is off-line.

IMHO, MWI is still the best standard approach to indicate to the user
that it missed some calls while off-line.

Joegen