[pjsip] [patch] Fix compilation with libav

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at savoirfairelinux.com
Mon May 12 13:09:06 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-12 06:04, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> Hi Nanang,
>
> I updated to latest code and there are still issues with PIX_FTM_GBRP24P on Ubuntu 13.10.
>
>> Yes, indeed:
>> - undefined AVCodecID, reported to happen with libavcodec 54.33.100.
>> - undefined PIX_FMT_GBRP, should happen with libavutil 51.20.1 -
>> 51.42.0 (the range may not be accurate, not easy to track them), as on
>> these range, PIX_FMT_GBR24P is just an enum member (not a macro), and
>> PIX_FMT_GBRP is not defined yet (neither as macro nor enum member).
>>
> The current check doesn't seem to work for PIX_FMT_GBRP, apparently it's not 51.42.0, and honestly I have no idea how to find out when it was defined. This ffmpeg/libav thing is a mess. Can we check with if defined(PIX_FMT_GBRP) instead?

Any non-prefixed PIX_FMT is deprecated, pjsip should be using the
AV_PIX_FTM_ version.

As far as I can tell, the only GBRP format I see has been available in
libav avutil 51.19.0 and ffmpeg 51.29.0 (unfortunately the patch author
didn't bump the version number when he added that).

I believe that instead of checking the existence with #if
!defined(PIX_FMT_GBR24P) one should just check the avutil version number
consistently to avoid this kind of problems.

Vittorio