[pjsip] What does "probation=-1" mean?

Frank Haase fra.haase at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 08:31:51 EDT 2014

Hey,

if you look into the rtp.h:
pj_uint32_t    probation;      /**< Sequ. packets till source is valid */
int probation:1;/**< Indicates that session is in probation
 until more packets are received.    */

It's part of the pjmedia_rtp_seq_session.
Which is used by e.g.:
 void pjmedia_rtp_seq_init(pjmedia_rtp_seq_session *sess, pj_uint16_t seq)
{
    pjmedia_rtp_seq_restart(sess, seq);

    sess->max_seq = (pj_uint16_t) (seq - 1);
    sess->probation = MIN_SEQUENTIAL;
}

Up from there you should be able to trace down the position where you can
manipulate it.

Hope it helped

Cheers
Frank