[pjsip] contact tag contains official IP (not local ip)

Michael Barthold Michael.Barthold at unicope.com
Thu Apr 14 07:34:31 EDT 2016

Hi there,

We have a problem running pjsip on Android:

our server sets our sip phones to "warning" state, as in the <contact > pjsip delivers the official ip, not the local ip oft he android device.
The contact looks like this:

<sip:gs.mobile@*ourofficialipfromoutside*:5060;ob>

But it should look like
<sip:gs.mobile at 10.80.40.27:5060;ob>

We tried several settings like contact rewrite and played around with NAT config values but we didn't find the clou so far.
Can anyone help us out here, which flags we have to set, that <contact> contains the local ip address of the device?
("Leave all default" does not work - we tried that - still our official ip the headers)

We use pjsip 2.4.5
On Android 4, 5 and 6 - everywhere the same behavior
Transport is TCP

Thanks in advance!
Cheers, Mike

mit freundlichen Grüßen | kind regards