[pjsip] Deadlock In Media State Handler

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:17:06 EDT 2016

Sorry for blowing up the email list here.

It appears I was having some hardware issues. After struggling to resolve
some other issues on my machine, things seem to be working correctly now.
However, this raises an interesting concern around how PJSIP handles this
particular failure case. It seems that in the event coreaudio_dev.c can't
start the core audio stream, it hangs indefinitely. This ultimately results
in PJSIP deadlocking (and, thus, the resulting application crashes).

I'll see if there's anything I can figure out in the source to put a patch
together, but I'm very new to all of this.

Best,
Colin