[pjsip] Sound device not closed on call disconnect

sufi al hussaini hassani kamili raheemi sufialhussaini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:53:28 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm using PJSUA in a python script to play incoming call audio on the sound
device.
The problem I'm having is that sometimes the sound device isn't closed even
after the call is disconnected, although I see in the logs that the sound
device *was* closed. This happens intermittently and not always.

# Logs
14:48:19.100    pjsua_aud.c  Closing sound device after idle for 1 second(s)
14:48:19.100    pjsua_aud.c  .Closing sunxi-CODEC: sunxi PCM (hw:0,0) sound
playback device and sunxi-CODEC: sunxi PCM (hw:0,0) sound capture device

# fuser -v /dev/snd/*
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c:   root       8357 F...m sip_speaker.py
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   root       8357 F...m sip_speaker.py

I'm using the same code as here
<https://gist.github.com/Sufi-Al-Hussaini/6d00be6316013fdde5e5ed20549ebbef>,
except that I'm doing a little more work on call state change (to
disconnected) and on incoming call. I'm able to reproduce this problem by
simply adding sleep(3) at line 59 & 115 of my code and making calls in
rapid succession.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my code, but it looks like some sort of a
race condition.

--

Thanks and regards,
*Shoaib Ahmed.*